THORACIC (CHEST) SURGICAL PROCEDURES
(Assoc. Prof. Erkan YILDIRIM, MD, PhD, f.e.t.c.s. / Thoracic & Lung Transplant Surgeon / Istanbul –TURKEY)
Tracheal Stenosis (Narrowing): Tracheal Excision & Anastomosis Cervical Surgery (Trachea)
ICU Stay: 1 day
HOSPITAL Stay: 5 – 6 days
TOTAL Stay in TURKEY (range in DAYS*; unless any other complications!): 14-16 Days
- Consultations – (Preop – *(Only Anesthesia and Chest Diseases are preoperatively included in the total charges!): Anesthesia and Chest Diseases (if needed)*
- Blood Tests: Yes (Hemogram, Serology, Biochemistry, Blood type)
- Chest X-Ray: Yes (*Bilateral; PA and Lateral Chest X-Rays & Bilateral Cervical X-Ray)
- Abdominal X-Ray: No
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test): No
- V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation / Perfusion Scan): No
- Chest and/or Abdominal CT Scan – (If the patient have the CT scans already done (last 2 weeks), then no need to take additional CT scans preop): Chest CT Scan – *(Not included in the total charge)
- PET / CT Scan (Positron Emisson Tomography): Preop PET/CT only if the patient has cancer (*Not included in the total charges)
- MRI (Chest, Abdomen and/or Brain) – *(If the patient have the MRI already done, then no need to take additional MRI preop): If needed! (* Not included in the total charges!)
- Bone Scan: No
USG / Ultrasonography (Chest, Abdomen, and/or others) – If needed! (*Not included in the total charges!)
- General Anesthesia: Yes
- Local/Regional Anesthesia: No
- Local Anesthesia + Sedation: No
- Spinal / Epidural Anesthesia: Not routine!; *If needed! *(Not included in the total charges!)
- PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia; Epidural or IV route!): PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia) – IV route! – *(Not included in the total charges!)
- HOSPITAL STAY after the ICU period, if ever: 5 – 6 Days
- STAY AT HOTEL after being discharged from Hospital – *’Wound Dressing’ Everyday till the Control Day!: 8-10 Days
- First CONTROL Day!: 8th-10th Day after being discharged to HOTEL!; *Take the Stitches out!; if ever.
- Discharged to HOME – *Take your prescription – DO NOT FORGET! – Patient generally could have “a safe flight to home” after the FIRST CONTROL!: 10th Day after discharged to HOTEL
- After – Surgery (3rd to 4th Weeks) – Needs CONSULTATIONS by “Medical AND Radiation Oncology Clinics”: Yes, if *cancer is being reported!
- Late – CONTROLS (1st -3rd – 6th – 12th -24th months in concordance with “the Medical & Radiation Oncology Departments Followups”)!: Yes, if *cancer is being reported!
INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES; – Blood (if necessary, up to 2 bags), First Chest X-Ray, – Frozen / Section and Pathology, – Prolene Mesh and Methylmetacrylate, – Clips, – First pectus bar, – First day of the ICU (if mentioned above!)
NOT-INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES are; – Preop/ Postop Computerized Tomography, MRI, PET-CT, – Tracheal Stents, – Thoracoscopic staplers & Fireing Apparatus + Alexis retractor, – Tissue glue (Tissell, Fibrin etc.), – Pectus Bars (2nd and 3rd one, if needed!)*, – 2nd and the rest of consultations of the other clinics, if needed!, – PFT (Pulmonary Function Tests), USG (Ultrasonography), Bone Scan, if needed!, – V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation/Perfusion Scan), if needed!, – 2nd & the rest of the ICU Days AND Accommodation and transfers are not included!