THORACIC (CHEST) SURGICAL PROCEDURES
(Assoc. Prof. Erkan YILDIRIM, MD, PhD, f.e.t.c.s. / Thoracic & Lung Transplant Surgeon / Istanbul –TURKEY)
Video-Assisted Minimal Invasive Chest Surgery
Chest Wall Deformity (Pectus Excavatum and Pectus Carinatum) Corrective Surgery (Open Ravitch Procedure and Closed Nuss & Abramson’s Procedures)
- ICU Stay: No
- HOSPITAL Stay: 5-6 days
- TOTAL Stay in TURKEY (range in DAYS*; unless any other complications!): 12-14 Days
- Consultations – (Preop – *(Only Anesthesia and Chest Diseases are preoperatively included in the total charges!): Anesthesia, Cardiology, and Chest Diseases (if needed ALL!)*
- Blood Tests: Yes (Hemogram, Serology, Biochemistry, Blood type)
- Chest X-Ray: Yes (*Bilateral; PA and Lateral Chest Graphies)
- EKG AND EKO: Yes
- Abdominal X-Ray: If needed!
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test): Yes
- V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation / Perfusion Scan): No
- Chest CT Scan – *(If the patient have the CT scan already done, then no need to take additional CT scans preop): Yes; only Chest CT *(Not included in the total charge)
- PET / CT Scan (Positron Emisson Tomography): No
- MRI (Chest, Abdomen and/or Brain) – *(If the patient have the MRI already done, then no need to take additional MRI preop): No
- Bone Scan: No
- USG / Ultrasonography (Chest, Abdomen, and/or others) – (*Not included in the total charges!): Not routine – If needed!* – Preop evaluation
- General Anesthesia: Yes
- Local/Regional Anesthesia: No
- Local Anesthesia + Sedation: No
- Spinal / Epidural Anesthesia: Not routine!; *(Not included in the total charges!)
- PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia; Epidural or IV route! – *(Not included in the total charges!): Yes
- ICU STAY: Scarcely needs! (*Not included in the total charge)
- HOSPITAL STAY after the ICU stay (*if ever): 5-6 Days
- STAY AT HOTEL after being discharged from Hospital – *’Wound Dressing’ Everyday till the Control Day!: 5-7 Days
- First CONTROL Day! – *Get the Stitches removed, If ever!: 7th Day after being discharged to HOTEL!; *Take the Stitches out on day *10 postop; if ever.
- Discharged to HOME – *Take your prescription – DO NOT FORGET! – Patient generally could have “a safe flight to home” after the FIRST CONTROL!: 7th Day after discharged to HOTEL
- After – Surgery ( 4th Week): Needs CONTROL by a new CHEST X-RAY at Home Country
- Late – CONTROLS: Needs CONTROL at 1st -3rd – 6th – 12th -24th months with a new CHEST X-RAY at Home Country. Removal of the “PECTUS BAR” at the END OF THE 3RD YEAR in ISTANBUL with 30 min procedure.
INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES; – Blood (if necessary, up to 2 bags), First Chest X-Ray, – Frozen / Section and Pathology, – Prolene Mesh and Methylmetacrylate, – Clips, – First pectus bar, – First day of the ICU (if mentioned above!)
NOT-INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES are; – Preop/ Postop Computerized Tomography, MRI, PET-CT, – Tracheal Stents, – Thoracoscopic staplers & Fireing Apparatus + Alexis retractor, – Tissue glue (Tissell, Fibrin etc.), – Pectus Bars (2nd and 3rd one, if needed!)*, – 2nd and the rest of consultations of the other clinics, if needed!, – PFT (Pulmonary Function Tests), USG (Ultrasonography), Bone Scan, if needed!, – V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation/Perfusion Scan), if needed!, – 2nd & the rest of the ICU Days AND Accommodation and transfers are not included!