THORACIC (CHEST) SURGICAL PROCEDURES
(Dr. Erkan YILDIRIM, MD, PhD, f.e.t.c.s. / Thoracic & Lung Transplant Surgeon / Istanbul –TURKEY)
Bronchoscopy: Foreign Body Removal
- ICU Stay: No
- HOSPITAL Stay: 1 day
- TOTAL Stay in TURKEY (range in DAYS*; unless any other complications!): 1-2 Days
- Consultations – (Preop – *(Only Anesthesia and Chest Diseases are preoperatively included in the total charges!): Anesthesia and Chest Disease (if needed)*
- Blood Tests: Yes (Hemogram, Serology, Biochemistry, Blood type)
- Chest X-Ray: Yes
- Abdominal X-Ray: If needed!
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test): No
- V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation / Perfusion Scan): No
- Chest and/or Abdominal CT Scan – *(If the patient have the CT scans already done, then no need to take additional CT scans preop): No (If needed! Not included in the total charges).
- PET / CT Scan (Positron Emisson Tomography): No
- MRI (Chest, Abdomen and/or Brain) – *(If the patient have the MRI already done, then no need to take additional MRI preop): No
- Bone Scan: No
- USG / Ultrasonography (Chest, Abdomen, and/or others) – (*Not included in the total charges!): No
- General Anesthesia: No (If needed yes!)
- Local/Regional Anesthesia: No
- Local Anesthesia + Sedation: Yes
- Spinal / Epidural Anesthesia: No
- PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia; Epidural or IV route! – *(NOT included in the total charges!): No
- HOSPITAL STAY after the ICU period, if ever: 1-2 Days; No need for dressing!
- STAY AT HOTEL after being discharged from Hospital – *’Wound Dressing’ Everyday till the Control Day!: One control on the Day of discharge (the same day or postbronchoscopy next Day)*
- First CONTROL Day! – *Get the Stitches removed, If ever!: Discharged to HOME – *Take your prescription – DO NOT FORGET!
- Patient generally could have “a safe flight to home” after the FIRST CONTROL!: Postbronchoscopy 1st or 2nd Day
- After – Surgery ( 3rd to 4th Weeks) – Needs CONSULTATIONS by “Medical AND Radiation Oncology Clinics”: No
- Late – CONTROLS (1st -3rd – 6th – 12th -24th months in concordance with “the Medical & Radiation Oncology Departments Followups”)!: No
– INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES; – Blood (if necessary, up to 2 bags), First Chest X-Ray, – Frozen / Section and Pathology, – Prolene Mesh and Methylmetacrylate, – Clips, – First pectus bar, – First day of the ICU (if mentioned above!)
– NOT-INCLUDED (If needed!)* in the total CHARGES are; – Preop/ Postop Computerized Tomography, MRI, PET-CT, – Tracheal Stents, – Thoracoscopic staplers & Fireing Apparatus + Alexis retractor, – Tissue glue (Tissell, Fibrin etc.), – Pectus Bars (2nd and 3rd one, if needed!)*, – 2nd and the rest of consultations of the other clinics, if needed!, – PFT (Pulmonary Function Tests), USG (Ultrasonography), Bone Scan, if needed!, – V/Q Scan (Lung Ventilation/Perfusion Scan), if needed!, – 2nd & the rest of the ICU Days AND Accommodation and transfers are not included!